Sunday, January 16, 2005

Not the day I planned

Yesterday was supposed to be fun filled with seeing my adorable boyfriend Joseph and his son Cohen. We (I have the boys) were all to go to lunch at a Portland favorite for burgers then to the taping of Portland Wrestling. The weather had other plans for us.

I spent a fair amount of time on the phone chatting about life with him as I was not able to do the things I wanted to. I needed to go to Target for a mini ironing board as well as some assorted stuff. I also needed a craft store to get the needles to start Wil and Nicks socks and straight pins for projects. I hopefully have class this afternoon. I already learned knitting in the round with double needles at Knitting with Wire but wanted to start the socks in class. I already did the swatch last week in class. No worries about Me driving in dicey conditions to get there. : )

I did get some stuff done that I never quite had time to do. I felted Laurie and Heathers purses. They are now drying in the basement. I think they both turned out nicely. Soon as they are not wet wet I will bring them up to finish drying in the warmth of My room.


Friday I had a lovely pile of finished projects on My bed. It was so nice to see all that effort and yarn turned into purses and scarves. It looked so nice I took a photo which I will share!


I have recently taken up a sweater that I started in 1985. Yes, you read right. The front and back are done and about 1/2 way done with the sleeves. I took it to my knitting class last week and we figured out where I was and what to do so I can finish it. I'm excited to get it done. I like the colors and I did a pretty good job on it. My ex-conservative mother-in-law had me make it very small. It wont be over sized like the photo - in fact it will be close if it fits at all! We followed the directions for the 32 inch chest. (WTF??)At least it's back in fashion.

My only stress today is the fact that I needed to go to the store this weekend to pick up food. On the bus is my only choice . . .ugh!



That's all I wanted to say for now. I hope you all faired well in our Winter Blast as the local news called it. It still looks slippery out there.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Bron said...

yay!! that jumper is COOL! I must start knitting jumpers again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home