Sunday, December 24, 2006

Bashing fun

Yesterday for Ref practice DrillMaster invited gals to come bash us Ref's around. I was not sure what to expect going in but it turned out wonderfully. Six gals showed up so the Ref's out-numbered them. We did several different drills for the gals to bash us then DM had them pick a Ref and work on a skill we feel weak on. Viva Vendetta helped me first with bettering my t-stop. I have outdoor wheels that are great on the wood at Oaks Park but a bit harder on the sport court. It is a bit like skating in mud but it will make my legs stronger. I really enjoyed working with her and how patient all the gals were and helpful teaching! Madame Bumpsalot was next with one and two knee falls and getting back up quickly. Perla jumped in on this lesson showing her variation. On the sport court it is harder to do this because you don't slide. That was a lot of fun getting that skill down. I didn't want to do the last stop on the sport court because it involves going down on the butt. I felt I had enough bumps and bruises already. Sol Train did some extra lesson on taking a hit with a "don't mess with me" stance. I really did well once I really stuck my booty out more and had a wide stance. I didn't get to work with Bitter or Slabia Majora but I did speak to SM before she left practice.

DM is doing all this to decide the positions the Refs will do. I really want to do the inside pack Ref but may not be the best for that position. I will keep working on my skating skills and hope for the best. Not sure when we will find out but it will be before the Jan 27th bout. All the folks at work cant wait for me to have tickets to sell so they can come watch me so keep your fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home