Sunday, August 15, 2004

I'm Still Standing!!

I figure I should explain the title to this blog. Like most things it's longer than one entry so bear with me. my writing style makes some people cringe but keep reading it might grow on you. If not no worries.

Three years ago I had to make a hard decision that hurt people I loved. I had to start my life on my own for the first time. My support system (my family) that I thought would always be there withdrew. Actually they believed my (now ex) husband. This was bizarre since I always tell the truth. I don't have it in me to lie and you can tell from my face if I am trying. I learned that as a small child. I was truly alone and confused. The person who had been a great friend stepped in and was my support. (this is the bigger painful lesson I learned) I felt that I was truly in the fight for my life. "they" kept pushing and punching trying to knock me down and out. Things got tough but no matter what (you got it) I was Still Standing. I went down on one knee more than once but something in me just kept me going. (BTW I used to box thus the fighting metaphors)

Don't get out any kleenex because this isn't a sad story. I have had some tough times sure and I have learned some valuable things along the way. The most important things I learned is I'm a strong woman, more than that I learned to trust and believe in myself and like me. Like any journey you make wrong turns and errors in judgment. I certainly made my share of mistakes and suffered from them but that is why I found the strength to be the awesome, hot, strong, funny and easy going gal I am today!

There is (as always) more to the story. In the coming posts it will all be revealed. after all, I'm an open book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home