Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy F'ing Monday

After all the car repairs of recent you think my car would feel special and loved, right? I guess not enough. Saturday on the way to a free T.V. taping of CPW (wrestling) we went out to get in my pretty but the remote didn't work. We tried removing the back which took group effort and skill. After cleaning the contacts and battery we put it back together and still nothing. It was decided that A) we would not take my car 2)I needed to buy a new battery and we were running late now.

On my lazy Sunday I got up and used the computer briefly, had a horrible thought come to the front of my brain that made my eyes leak water then got dressed to walk to Fred Meyer to purchase a new battery. It was a short walk and easy switch. We did all the hard loosening work the day before. I walked home the longer way getting a few important errands of necessity done as long as I was out. I was going to walk to the bank but didn't want to carry coffee and bread sticks all that way. I thought I would just put said items in my car using my now charged up remote. Well, it still didn't work, Damn.

I was not mentally prepared for that. Leaking anew (not a flood but annoying) occurred which didn't help the situation. I went up to my apartment to brain storm. This was not cool! I was supposed to run the door at CSz for a friends show that was happening there. I texted him and told him that I had to take care of this, sorry. He was cool with it.

This was Sunday and places just aren't open! I tried in vain to call a couple of places but they were indeed closed. I called a Volvo dealership that was opened (not the service dept.) and checked that if I opened the car with the key even though the alarm was on via the remote would it be okay. They assured me I would not set off the alarm nor render the car useless (anti-theft) I unlocked the driver side door and got into a dark lifeless car. No head lights, inside lights, radio or noise when I turned the key. I called in to the temporary job and left a voice mail that I would not be there since I had to deal with my car during weekday hours. I talked with a friend that also had a Volvo and we agreed that either when I opened the car with the regular key the anti-theft "killed" it or a delayed reaction to the car battery being replaced tripped something. I didn't think it could be my new 1 1/2 week old car battery.

After calling AAA and confirming I could indeed get a tow to Swede One if necessary I gave up worrying about it for the night. I set my alarm for 7am figuring I would be walking the four blocks to Les Schwab when they opened at 8am. That is where I got my new car battery.

This morning I got up at the same time as Nick. He laid on the couch while I made coffee (for me) and oatmeal. (for him) I watched the morning news while sipping my Christmas Blend coffee and waking up. Just before getting dressed I called Dave at S1 to leave a message of my woes and that I was going to walk over to Les Schwab to see what they thought. By the time I got dressed I had sent Nick back to bed with an upset stomach and Dave called to say he thought something was draining the battery so I should have it towed to him.

I called AAA back and gave the pre-approved number to have them come and tow my pretty away. It was 8:15 at the time I called. They said someone would be out by 9:30 at the latest. Where was I going to go anyway besides back to bed. The driver called at 9:20 to say he was out front if I could give him the keys. He had a flat bed truck and had my car up and on it's way within ten minutes. Now we wait.

Happy f'ing Monday all.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

I hope your Tuesday is going better than your Monday did! Glad you have your awesome car back. :-)

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Well, I turned my alarm on but forgot to re-set it. I was 1/2 hour late to work. :)

I have to go bad to S1 this week. . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home