Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Put a smile in my day

Today when I checked in at work I was again spending my morning calling New York and Chicago. I was in a fair mood but bracing for a long day. The job is not that challenging or exciting. At 8:20 they asked a bunch of us to help finish up with the London calls until 9:30. Boy did that cause excitement! The only people allowed to do the London calls had to work from 1am to 9:30am. From the first ringing of the phone it was so fun. I thought of Bron from the first call. (No, she isn't the only person I know with an accent.) Even as the receptionist did her job and screened why I was going to bug her boss I was enjoying myself. It really put a nice kick in my day.

It is usually all about me but the last couple of days it has been all about my car. I needed to do some general matenance I knew had to be done. It started out with a new battery and while the nice guys at Les Schwab fixed my one front tire that worries me they told me my front brakes were less than 20 % left. That reminded me that Dave said by the end of Fall I would have to do brakes. After getting that news and making the appointment for the following Saturday I looked at my oil change sticker. Yup, it was time to change it. The poor thing was pretty dirty to boot. As of yesterday I have completed all the above tasks at a cost of a bit over $500. bucks. I'm glad Les Schwab still had my account information from before and let me use it now. While this is not the best time of year to do this I had no choice but am grateful I had options. I really like my car and depend on it. Now it can go back to being all about me.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Oh, you think, so, huh? Did you forget that Big Daddy's in charge?!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Listen Big Daddy, in my world it's always all about me even when it isnt. If your in my world start worshipping and making sure I have everything I need. *big cheesy world famous grin*


Hey cat, long time no see words from you! You are very correct on all counts. A gal likes to choose where, how and with whom she ends up on her back forand with. ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home