Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday

Today is a workday for me. I should say evening. Anyway, I relisted my Ikea furniture with lower prices and have got some responses. No folks coming by just yet but I got my fingers crossed.

The chairs are a big disappointment. The guy did a crappy job. He sprayed them and missed spots. When done right a piece should be smooth to the touch and you should see as well as feel the grain. He acted like he knew what he was doing but I say no. Also after thinking about it we know why the finish looks flat and "painted" instead stained. He probably did not remove the old finish and put the stain right over. The stain could not soak in. Anyway, I'm trying some Tung oil over for now then next summer I can do the job right. "Free is not a good price". Good news is the seats look awesome.

I'm hoping the frame my mom found for Elvis will work well. I my not even have to paint the whole thing just hit it with some copper paint. It is slightly ornate but a color that might work well. I'm not sure since Elvis is at Carly's so I cant see how it would look or fit.

That's about it. I will say it is cool to be in a audio production. "Bloodbath at the Giallo Hotel". People will buy it and be dazzled by my obnoxious accent they wanted. I play Janina, the wife of Boss Giallo. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home