Saturday, November 08, 2008

I heart DIY

I have been really busy lately! Lots of time at work, DIY (Do It Yourself) projects and Halloween kept me hopping! It's mostly been good but feeling a small pinch of hours at work. They are trying to keep the hospital's overtime down after my 2 week 106 hours. That is fine with me. It would be nice to have one shift a week OT to give me extra cash.I'm not complaining since I know how lucky I am to have a job.


My mom and I did a fabulous job on the seats of my new - to- me dining room chairs. I hope they are dry and ready to pick up today. My parents will meet me there with their mini van to give me a hand. I went to pick them up a week ago but they were wet and something was stuck in the stain. The guy said he would re-finish them. The color was gorgeous - just what I wanted! They will look wonderful with the table and the new seats. I'm really pleased to be able to replace things now. Like I said earlier I have wanted this style of table for a long time. Photos will be coming.( Sunday, The chairs are still not ready. I went today to look at them. He said hopefully Monday . . . . )


Speaking of replacing furniture I went back and forth with a gal on craigs list last weekend. She placed an ad for a vintage bookcase. I knew by looking at the ad she had under priced it. (Yes, I watch way too much HGTV and hit Antique stores.) It was what I wanted to get to replace the current Ikea "Wall of Billy". She was very slow to answer e-mail so that I went out to do the chair seats with my mom at 1pm and still did not hear from her. After the seats I went to the t'Beatcha's for Mr. T to help with my iTunes. She e-mailed while I was gone. She wanted me to come by Monday at 4pm. That was sooo not going to work for me since I would be at work. I e-mailed back about coming before work. Did not hear from her. She finally e-mailed me and I saw that at work Monday. She had been really sick in bed with a bad cold. She also said her husband freaked out when he heard that she was selling his bookcase and the low ball price. I figured we were done. She called me Thursday at work to say she was sorry but the bookcase was still for sale and she would give me first crack. I called her back and said I would come after work. I went, I saw and I took. It is a sweet little piece! It was worth the hassle. It is 35 T 5 ft. W and 12 D. The carving and display side shelves are a nice touch. Oh, the main shelves are adjustable. It is vintage and will look fab once out in the main room. No pic just yet since it is in the hall.

I got my ad's on craigs list today but so far no bites. Carly and I talked about pricing and I hope she is right about IKEA nuts. I will very pleased to get the prices. Keep your fingers crossed! Now I have to take everything off the shelves so they are ready when people come to look and buy.

I work every other day this week and have the weekend off. I will hopefully get a lot done this week. I work Day on Monday and evening the others I think. I hope to get things cleaned up, sold and more DIY done!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home