Friday, December 24, 2004

Happy Merries to all and to all a great night!


Last night I woke up at 3:40 am. I'm not really sure why but felt the need to get up and check everything. I looked out the living room window and was treated to fog. It was really pretty to see. It actually made me smile. Ah, San Francisco I do miss you.

I heated up some milk with a bit of vanilla in for flavor. While I waited for that I thought if all I had to do today was festering in my brain if I wrote it out that would relax me. That didn't take too long and soon I was sitting at the couch sipping my milk and enjoying the fog. When I finished I was able to go right back to sleep.

It still seems strange to me to be the one to spend the holidays with my ex's family. I know how it feels to be the one shunned and orphaned. I guess the difference is I did nothing wrong for my family to make that choice. His family chooses to include me. I'm glad cause they all are very special to me. That is where the boys and I will be tonight.

Tomorrow I have to have them to their Dad's by 10am. We will get up and have our Christmas then pack up the car. I'm glad I got to spend this time with them.

This Christmas seems to be better than last year. It was hard to find my way last year. Even with all that's going on this year I'm doing okay. Part of it is I'm a stronger person. I don't have all the answers but I trust myself and believe I can "do " whatever I have to to take care of me.

I probably wont be on the computer for a couple days but just want to say I hope you find joy in your heart and enjoy the holidays. Peace

2 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Bron said...

hope it all went to plan :D

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Thanks Bron,

It was nice to be with them. They seemed to be pleased with what I got them.

After I dropped them off at their dad's I went to spend time with my boyfriend. It was nice and cozy. No pressure to cook the perfect meal etc. Just quality time.

How about you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home