Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Holiday traditions

I have always enjoyed the holidays. In the last couple years I've been trying to find new traditions for myself and including the boys. It's been interesting trying new things and deciding if I/we want to try 'whatever' again. My exes family invites me and the boys to holidays and I enjoy that. At the same time a part of me is saddened that they will never be my family especially since mine is "gone" to me. Strangely I'm okay with that most of the year.

To me the holidays is about love, laughter, sharing, traditions and giving unselfishly. I'm not talking consumerism. I miss the kind of holidays Jer talked about in her blog before Thanksgiving. Belonging somewhere. That's it! I'm newly orphaned and still trying to find how I fit somewhere. Wow, I just had that revelation as I typed it. I'm a people person and while I cherish my Me time I like to belong.

Okay, now that I got that figured out I need to come up with traditions I can count on (and look forward to) not just who I'm with any given holiday. Not easy to type much less do!

I gotta let this set as I go about my day. I find if I don't think about something actively some part of my brain is working on it and will spit ideas to the front randomly. No worries. Enjoy this season and cherish the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home