Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Odd Monday

At my temporary work we definitely had a Monday on Monday. What I mean is the system that all the computers run on was having big trouble! A call that should take two minutes including all the data entry was taking ten or more minutes. As the day wore on it was even slower. Finally around one they had everybody log off for about twenty minutes so they could (hopefully) fix the problem. It worked better after that but still had some lag. Today when I got there they were asking for volunteers to go home. "We" have not had enough registrations so . . . .

Me being the dork I am, or simply not awake this morning, forgot my regular glasses in my bathroom and my reading glasses were at the computer at home. I could work for a short time without them but would have gotten a bad headache and it all gets more blurry the harder my eyes work. The job is in Tigard just off 217 near I-5 so to drive home at that time of day and to get back would have taken an hour. Basically, I got the day off today. I have so much I want to and need to do today I'm good with it. Thankfully I'm not going to penalized for my short comings since they needed people off the clock.

Last night I watched the beginning of RAW before going to bed. From the beginning I had tears rolling down my cheeks. The roster from RAW and some from SmackDown were at the top of the ramp. Most of them were not just having tears but all out crying. It was very moving and because of my tears the boys came to watch. They seemed moved too but unsure how to act. After all we didn't even know Eddie, just watched him on a show. I was sad but glad they did such a nice tribute for Eddie but also for the fans.

Big Show had been crying and was still upset when he came out as the first match for the tag team with his partner Kane. He pulled himself together and he and Kane had a nice match against M and M. I smiled through tears at the end of the match. Big Show did Eddie's "dance" with tears in his eyes after he and Kane won.

They had touching testimonials by John Cena and Lillian Garcia. Before the next match started they had a short clip of Eddie up to his own silliness when he was auctioning off Kurt Angle's "personal" items. That made me smile remembering that whole story line. It was an up time for Eddie. It made my feel better and was the perfect time to start the tape, turn off the T.V. and go to bed.

I didn't know Eddie personally but I am saddened by his death. He seemed to be on an up swing in his wrestling and his life. He was the type of personality that you loved to love and loved to hate. He was a great "face" but did a super job playing the "heel." He was so young. I hope he had no regrets in his choices.

I plan on getting many things done today including a longer bike ride. I don't want to waste this "free" day I have been given. It is sooo cold in the morning and beautiful and brisk the rest of the day. The colors and smells are wonderful. I love fall and cant wait to be out in it in a bit. Have a super day and do at least one thing for yourself today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home