Thursday, November 03, 2005

Hiking to the big one (three!)

I woke up in the middle of the night to the patter of rain. It was nice to lay there listening to such a soothing sound. The wind moved my chimes on occasion. There was even a car that went by with a delightful swishing sound. That is comfort and brings a smile to my face.

The photo above is one of the pictures I took while hiking with Deeg a couple of years ago. It was a small waterfall only about four feet tall and maybe three feet wide. The amount of water involved was very small. It was on the side of the trail amongst ferns and moss. For being small it was very intricate with many levels and had the sweetest sound.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Very, very nice. This is my favorite time of the year, and I love the rain.

I look forward to hearing those same sounds with you tomorrow night!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

Hopefully you can hear the rain over other things.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Or . . . hopefully not!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

Well, you know how it gets sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home