Saturday, January 28, 2006

If you were wondering

I had a relapse on the stomach thing yesterday. I was feeling sooo much better the night before. I was up to solid food and had a fairly plain turkey sandwich that tasted incredible! The next morning I seemed okay so I did my usual morning thing. . . coffee. I had an interview at 10:15 and wanted to be on my toes. I already felt like and looked about 20 years older than I normally do (that put me at around 46) :) Big mistake! I still went and did my best but I wasn't on my game. It was annoying too that they were doing the interviews every 15 minutes and the dude was behind. On my walk home I was displeased that I had spent over an hour to get ready for a distracted 10 minutes? I didn't even feel like window shopping on the way home. I did want to stop at Rich's and buy three of my favorite fashion magazines! I was good and resisted. I went straight home, changed into my p.j.'s and slept for several hours. When I did get up I had chicken broth and gingerale. That was the best I could do. I had heartburn and a pissed off stomach. So, I lost the whole day because of a daily habit I wouldn't give up.

I did come out of bed and watch T.V. with the boys in the early evening. I sat in the "knitting" chair and sewed a bit on the Vintage Sweater. I must be the slowest sewer! It is hard to sew it up and keep the stripes lined up. I have taken some out trying to get it to look better. It is very close at this point. I am over half way on the second sleeve though I may take the first sleeve out and try again. I still need to sew the pockets in on the second sleeve and front as well as finishing the sleeves.

The Summer Sweater as modeled by Shelley Hack is close to being done as well. I cut the pattern out of a Redbook in March 1985. We were at the beach for the week of spring break. I wanted to start a project to have done by summer. (I just didn't say which summer) I went into Seaside and got Lily Sugar 'n' Cream 4ply cotton skiens at the five and dime for 79 cents a skien. Not the highest quality yarn but it will be nice to finish. The back, collar pieces and a quarter of the front were done when I started. It is a fairly easy pattern but every row is different. I have tinked a few times to make the match from front to back. It has not been frustrating but I am taking my time to finish it right. It's cute so I look forward to wearing it this summer.

As for U-Vest I am a bit frustrated. The pattern isn't well written and not easy to follow. D.B. and I even wrote into the company to tell them and get some help in finishing. They wrote back to say they were looking into in . . . I may have to ask Melissa at Lint to help me out. So that's my knitty and I'm sticking to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home