Sunday, January 01, 2006

New year - Still Standing

Last night Nick and I had a comfortable evening. After
dropping Wil and Josh off at Josh's house around 5pm I
saw a Dominos Pizza with a $4.99 special. I ordered it
and called Nick telling him to be hungry when I got home. Nick and I shared a pizza and watched "Band of Brothers" when we weren't playing Mario Party on the sega. That is until 8pm when TNT played TNA (Total Nonstop Action)wrestling. After that Nick wanted to shoot things in a game on the computer and I was ready to lay back, work on some finishing work on my knitty projects and relax.

I'm just sick enough to feel out of sorts and tired but not real sick. The annoying part is this is day three and it doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon. The upside is I have slowed down and got some things done I might not otherwise have had or made time for.


So the new year has begun but doesn't feel all that different. I didn't party or even really go out last night. Some might call that lame - a sad way to ring in the new year. I say you are wrong. I spent time with someone I care about. I had a lot of fun getting my ass kicked in the game. Nick picked that game because we tend to play board games on New Years Eve but knew that a sick mom would be no challenge on a traditional board game. Instead he creamed me on the video board game! Seems like a bang up evening to me.

4 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

I too caught some flack for wanting to just hang out in my apartment on New Year's Eve, but it is definitely one way to avoid drunk drivers on Amateur Hour night. After Coasterama returned from a board game fest, he and I played Katamari Damacy for a while, so we had somewhat similar evenings. Though I didn't get to watch last night's TNA, I watched part of a recent PPV; and we had tacos instead of pizza --- and I was craving pizza! I would have loved to be with you, but was glad to talk to you and wish you happy new year on the phone. We can celebrate the new year together this coming weekend, kk?

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

It shouldn't be how but who you spend your time with. Also, since when do others get to dictate and judge how you live your life? Not mine, Sister!

Long distance does suck . . .

What did you have in mind for the weekend? Board games with the boys?

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Sure, that would be fun! I was incorrect about the release date for "Red Eye"; it will be out on January 10th.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home