Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Finally near the Beginning

I have had a busy but exciting last couple of weeks. I finished the test and have been job hunting. I have three possibilities of new Pharmacy Tech positions. This week is going to end with me choosing what I want. That is a great feeling! The only tricky part is that I will continue working at Ikea until I get benefits. I know this is going to be a sell job on both sides but this is what I need.

The other thing that I am excited about is the possibility of being a home owner again. Through RCR four women are hosting seminars to help women become home owners. I found it very informative and gives me hope that if I work hard and do what I need to I could buy my own home! I'm looking at about two years to have it happen. That my sound like a long time but two years ago I could not imagine I could do that on my own.


All in all I have worked really hard this last year to get to this step. I went after and got the coveted job as Greeter at Ikea, secured my school funding
twice and completed the course work for the Pharmacy Technician program. I'm really proud of myself for all I have accomplished. I thank all that have supported me along the way. I really appreciate all the support and words of encouragement sent my way. I'd say I've almost got myself that "normal" life I have been after for so long.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home