Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Think and get me a job! :)

For those that don't know I am currently in school studying to be Pharmacy Technician. I take my midterm Thursday and graduate from the program March 21. I will have my Oregon License but need to study and pass the National Certification Test in order to continue working in a pharmacy. I am scheduled to take that test late April. Part of the program includes a career planning class and one of our assignments is to network our asses off!!!! The statistic of people that get a job from networking is something like 80%. I'm a talker so I will talk to anyone anywhere. That can be the connection that gets you a contact that gets you the job.


My previous work background is retail with an emphasis on Customer Service. (Currently at the big Yellow Box as Greeter) The program I'm in is book learning and memorization but no hands on experience. Most of my class mates will go on to a three month internship (typically unpaid) but in my current financial state I don't think that is possible for me. If I could get a paid internship that would be ideal. So, if you know someone that works at a pharmacy or knows the HR person at a hospital . . . and feel comfortable giving me their contact information it could land me a position!

Thanks for reading and any help you might give me,

Marta aka Diva

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home