Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas Everyone!

My lovely Henry (female Golden Retriever) was terrified of Billy Blitz (the cocky bird). The first time they met Billy was sitting on my ex's shoulder when we brought Henry into the kitchen. She had been a stray dog that my ex gave me. (abandon at the end of the school year.) She had obviously been trained. Anyway, Billy wanted to see what was going on from the comfort of the top of his cage. He forgot that his wings had recently been clipped. He did not get the loft he was used to and flew right by Henry's nose. She opened her mouth and soft mouthed him. (hunting dog style) We all yelled her name so she let go. Billy was not hurt but extremely pissed off. He was dropped on the couch next to his cage so he stalked (he had a way of stomping like he was Godzilla not six inches tall) to his cage and glared at all of us for bringing this hairy demon into his house. From then on Henry was terrified of Billy. Whenever Billy flew around Henry would hit the deck and try to liquefy into the ground. If she could in her flattened state she would slink from the room. Billy took great advantage of this. He would land on the floor and stomp over to her and eventually walk over her. What an asshole. I took this photo in 1982. My favorite dog and bird in front of my favorite collectible, Snoopy. My then boyfriend now ex was studying abroad for six months and could not come home for Christmas.

Henny was the best dog I ever had.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home