Sunday, December 21, 2008

My snowy adventure

When I got up this morning it was not the skating rink I expected to see. I called into work to see if any of the folks from the evening shift ended up staying the night. The night person that answered the phone was not forth coming in info. It was a weird call. Anyway I said I would start making my way there. I got ready and headed out to the car. Last night after driving home Wil came to help get my "in case of being stranding bag and areobed" into the apartment. I forgot my hiking boots in the car. I was not going to drive but take the bus. The snow drifts around my car were knee deep!

I spent a long time just getting downtown. Before I hiked more through snow that was like walking through deep sand I called into the pharmacy. By now it was 7:20. I said I had made it downtown to the MAX. My bus never came so I hopped the trolley downtown. The other folks at the MAX stop said they had been there awhile. Everybody else had made it in. I asked if they needed me and the Pharmacist told me to go home. I was glad to hear that! I was pretty tired and cold by then.

When I got off the trolley (that runs while the MAX does not) the snow was not sand like but crunchy. Thankfully I got home before I wet my pants. I was so cold I headed for my bed. I had two down comforters and an Irish mohair blanket on me but was still cold! My legs were still as cold as if I was outside. It was a really long time before I felt not so painfully cold. I finally fell asleep and woke a couple hours later. I was stiff and in the same position I feel asleep in. My hands were in fists that would not open. It is several hours later and I am still over covered and cold.

I'm sure in the scheme of things my adventure was G rated but to me it was tough. I have not been able to get to Doc Bones so my back is very stiff. I would have continued to get to work but I am glad I could come home. I don't work Monday but I do Tuesday morning. My dad told me to arrange a cab Monday night and he would pay for it if the deep freeze continues. I hope things thaw but it does not look promising.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home