Sunday, October 10, 2004

Skate park

After Nick's soccer game this morning we had some cheap Mc Donalds and headed for the skate park. It's under the Burnside bridge in SE Portland. This is a destination park for touring pro's and hardcore boarders. Not usually any younger kids here unless they can hold their own.

I'm sitting in the car next to the park. The lot belongs to a produce company. There is a loading dock and three truck trailers and a few cabs parked there. I'm on the phone chatting away. Out of the side mirror on my right I see a truck pull up. It kind of looks like a Honey Bucket Truck. They park no where near the H.B.'s to my left next to the skate park. I didn't think anything of it until I hear a power washer start up. I turn to see two guys with long power washer wands and long hoses spraying down the trucks. It's interesting enough I shift in my seat to watch. They stop and one of the guys hops up on the back of his truck and stirs something in a oil drum size bucket. They both start up and now they are soaping the trucks! After awhile they switch again and rinse. I gotta say it was strangely interesting to watch. I thought to myself "I'll be really impressed if they use the an air compresser setting to dry the trucks then spray a wax coating on!"

I kept updating the person on the phone like it was an event. I am simple.

I did watch the boarders too. No great talent (except you Nick:}) so the washer dudes held my attention. Their actions NOT the dudes themselves. ;)

For those of you on the edge of your seats waiting for the answer. No, they didn't dry or wax. After the last rinse they coiled up the hoses and left. I thought that was the end of the story but no! I pulled to the other side of the park to get Nick. Those same guys were starting on a lot full of the same company's trucks! We are talking twenty five to thirty more to go. Now I'm thinking that is a cold, wet, boring, LONG days work. I hope they get paid loads to do it. .Not one I'll be applying for!

Looking forward to PNPW action tonight. Have a good Sunday all! Complement someone and make their day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home