Saturday, October 09, 2004

Silly? Maybe - but fun.

Nick had a soccer game today. It was breezy, being down on the river, but sunny. When we got there it was nice but as the game progressed it clouded up. Just before the second half began it started raining. Now, I gotta say I do own two umbrellas but know better than to use them in the wind. I was lucky enough to get a parking space next to and facing the field. I was getting cold anyway even while wearing my quilted Carhartt jacket. Once the rain hit I headed for the car. I watched the remainder of the game from the comfort of my car. It reminded me of being at the drive in.

Call me a sissy but I found it smart since I still have the lovely hang on forever ( or four weeks) cold. Besides the comfort temperature range in Marta's world is narrow.

We went to the grocery store after the game. I seem to do that a lot more than I like. My space is limited where I am. We wanted lasagna for dinner but after seeing the size and it was lunch time decided it would be lunch with plenty left for dinner. Salad and garlic bread would round it out. We even got those Halloween sugar cookies for desert. Seemed like the right thing to do on a rainy day.

The last couple of days I have spent a lot of time driving for the boys. It's safe to say I put over a hundred miles on my car. I don't mind so much but just wish I had a wireless Internet laptop. I haven't had the time to post or answer e-mails. When I was home it was late.

Anyway, looking forward to the PNPW taping at the Elks lodge on Sunday. Sorry farm team but I gotta go watch some local wrestling! :~}

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home