Saturday, October 02, 2004

Wrestling is awesome!

I know I've said it before but I love wrestling! It is improv at it's finest. It's gymnastics, martial arts, dance, comic humor, improv and so much more rolled into one great performance. These are athletes that keep themselves in top shape while touring the country to entertain us.

Since I started watching earlier this year out of curiosity I have turned into a big fan. At first I watched a few matches to see what my fellow Eugene players were talking about. Soon I was tuning in to see what would happen next. My boys were slightly shocked to call on a Monday or Thursday night to say good night and heard wrestling in the back round. They were puzzled by this since I refused to watch wrestling with them at their peak interest in the 6th grade. They fought it at first but soon they were calling me during matches to see if I saw what happened. We have enjoyed watching, talking and going to wrestling.

I took my boys to the PPV live taping of Unforgiven. The match was in September but we got the tickets about a month earlier. We talked about the possibilities of who would be there and who we wanted to see. I must say we were pleased by the participants and outcomes. We all agreed we wanted to see Chris Benoit. His aggressive style and good natured personality is a great combination. He did not disappoint. The one disappointment was that Edge got injured prior to the PPV and was not in attendance.

I have attended some local matches as well. I've been to 2 or 3 PNPW matches at the Milwaulkie Elks Lodge. I find them entertaining and the fan base is families. Whole families go (teens to infants) and have a great time together. Gives a new meaning to "family Show". The fans are loyal and most of the wrestlers say hi to them as they come out to the ring.

I have enjoyed viewing this sport and have great respect for the athletics that participate. I will be a fan for life. It's also nice to have another thing to share with my boys. If you haven't viewed wrestling lately perhaps you should try again. See it in a new light and enjoy it for the pure entertainment it will give you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home