Monday, November 29, 2004

The temperature is fine :)

I really don't like to be cold. It's true that hot is an issue in my world too. The perfect temperature is hard to achieve. The neat thing is you have more control in heating up vs. cooling down. :) That's where I'm at right now.

Friday was the first cold night that my down comforter wasn't enough. I was actually shivering but not awake enough to get up and get something. I had stored my electric blanket under the bed. Saturday night when I got home from CSz and after I got out my blankie and plugged it in. There is not much better than getting into a pre heated bed. It's better if it is warmed by a special someone but if that isn't possible an electric blanket is awesome. Man oh man was I snuggly and warm.

I ended up with is the Irish wool throw from an expensive store in Portland. It was a Wedding gift I never really appreciated for it's warmth before. It was Living room decor in my old life. I now wear it around my shoulders when I'm sitting in my room. (mine is the coldest room in the house) It's woven and very light weight but WOW does it keep me comfortable. It makes it easy to move around doing whatever.

So I really enjoyed going to knit last night. The women I met were nice and knowledgeable. We chatted away while working on our projects. It really gave me lots of ideas for new projects. I really want to try new things and have fun with my knitting. Creative klatchs are such a great sharing of knowledge and inspiration. You all have the art in common but meet people you might not normally hang with. I really enjoyed my time at Mable's Cafe. I almost went out for the DIVA's night but after my last two late nights I wanted laid back. To me it was to be a cozy night.

I ordered Chicken Chow mein from Canton Grill on the way home. From the time I ordered on 31st and Division it was ready when I rolled into the lot on 82nd and Division. I had a lazy cozy plan. I got home and headed for the kitchen. I put the still hot food in the microwave then headed upstairs. I turned on my blankie, readied my throw and jammies. I rewound the tape of Charmed I had just received from Joseph (Thank You!) and put my knitting bag on the bed with the remotes. All I had to do was claim my food, change and get cozy. That's right, my night was watching Charmed from the warmth of my bed while pigging and knitting! It was awesome. Life is sweet. I'm still smiling at the simple time I had that I totally loved. The temperature was fine.



84 posts and 2 unfinished drafts is the count inside Marta's world

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home