Sunday, November 21, 2004

New pride in my old ride

Wednesday was the day I would conquer the DMV for the last time. (for awhile anyway) I first had to visit DEQ to test my car. I wasn't even worried about this part thanks to The mechanic Lee. The line seemed long but after a wait of 10 minutes (or less) I was up. I was just really getting into a flow writing in my journal and was a tad disappointed to be interrupted.

When they were testing my car it sounded like a plane taking off. I knew it was the tires on the metal cylinder but It sounded really cool. It has to be the first visit to DEQ I enjoyed. To say I had fun would be silly but not a bad or costly one for sure.
Now that I had the magic paper from DEQ and my car title I was ready for the final faze of this drawn out mission!

I noticed on my way to DEQ there was a lonely auto parts store. I like my car so much more now that I have (say it with me) yummy delicious heat. I've been going out of my way to give it TLC. I wheeled into said auto parts store and got replacement wiper blades for all three arms. I also got anti-fog for the windows. Teenage boys can sure mess up the windows! The guy that helped me was even nice enough to come out and help me put them on. I smartly went in on a sunny day. That took all of ten minutes then I was off to my fail destination - DMV.

This part wasn't hard at all! I got there at the right time of day. I actually thought they were closed for lunch! I was the line. All I had to do was give her three pieces of paper and write a check. She handed over the tags and said thanks. I had set aside the whole day for this and now I had oodles of time before workshop and no plans.

I decided to continue to pamper my ride at home by cleaning and polishing the interior. I had product at home for such a task. It was a beautiful mild day that just seemed like the right thing to do. I worked for the remainder of the afternoon. I got it vacuumed, all the hard interior cleaned, the windows cleaned and anti-fogged and I sprayed a deoderizer on all carpeted surfaces. It was getting chilly so I would have to wait on the Son of a Gun. It's for shining vinyl. I also had leather conditioner for my seats.

All in all a good day in Marta's World.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home