Thursday, December 02, 2004

I'm loving it!

I'm so glad I picked up the needles again! No, not drug use but addictive like crack. Knitting is so satisfying to me. I work with my hands which is calming as well as stimulating and (hopefully) make something cool! It opens up my brain which is cool for improv.

I am doing some felting projects right now that are so fast, fun and (mostly) easy. The different novelty yarns and the mystery of the finished product after the felting process keeps me hooked. I just speed along wanting to see the finished item. Also since they are mostly done on circular needles there is less sewing. I don't sew per say so that has kept three or four projects done on straight needles from being completed. Working on that too. :)

The felting process is knitting on big needles with double yarn and after all the finishing sewing throw it in hot water and shrink the hell out of it! So you knit a purse the size of a tote bag that is very airy and after felting you have average size purse that looks like cloth not knitted. If I could post pictures I would for those stuck on the need for visual aids. (I actually need them too)

I belong to one knitting group called Queer Knitting that meets once a month. Great gals with lots of knowledge. That just wasn't enough fix for me so I started one with my CSz homies. I call it The Creative Persons Project. It is open to any portable hobby. We meet at Mable's Cafe and Knittery Mondays. It was really exciting to post on the forum and get positive response. We have three knitters, three beaders and two possible Christmas card addressers. I suggested for those who didn't have a portable hobby but wanted to hang with us do your Christmas cards!

I gotta go felt my latest project. If ANYONE wants to help a technologically challenged gal learn to post pictures on this blog I will bombard you with images of all sorts. (not just knitting) Enjoy the simple pleasures.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home