Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Things don't always work out

This morning I am feeling like someone is watching over me. The morning commute is the first really icy one that has people spinning tires and sliding into places they didn't intend to. I am at home, cozy in sweaties feeling smug. The area I would have to drive to is having road closures and more stopped that going traffic.
*Thank you*

I have wanted Deeg to stop by for some time but when he is here we are heading out somewhere and have no time. (he tends to run a bit behind the rest of the world) I felt that some of my electronics were not hooked up correctly and I wanted my tape player hooked up. I have a lot of tapes including almost all my Christmas music. Last night when Nick and I were walking our 'hood doing errands Deeg texted me and said he would come by and go to 50 cent taco night with me! We headed home and Deeg soon arrived.

The speakers were in the wrong slots and the connection to one was out. I had to find a cutting tool and we fixed that. We got the VCR hooked up "better" (Wil didn't do it wrong - just different), and got the radio antenna plugged in to the tuner. The tape player was a bitch to get working! It was on and playing but not coming through the speakers. Part of the problem was the speakers so we fixed that but it still couldn't be heard. It had been working at the old apartment so we kept trying things. Finally the only thing that would work was to run it through the wrong jacks. SUCCESS! Now all my entertainment center works.

We messed with all that for 35-45 minutes. It was sometime right after 6pm and time for tacos! Nobby Tavern has 50 cent taco night every Monday during football season. I enjoy this tasty ritual but have not made the four block trek this year until last night. We had a good time hanging out and savoring our build your own tacos. The lesbian waitress was flirting with me but as much as I enjoyed that she wasn't my "type". Deeg had to work today so he headed home around 8 and I prepared for RAW.

It was nice to stay up and watch RAW with my guys. I got all cozy in my bed and they came in and watched with me. When Nick went to bed at 10 and Wil went to play computer but asked me to call him in if/when they announced who the new GM of RAW is. I'm sure you have guessed by now that I soon fell asleep and missed the rest. That's okay, I had a nice night.

As much as I disliked the (temp) job I did enjoy getting a steady paycheck. I'm hoping I can find a temp job to get me to January or, dare I say it, a real job? I am all over it! I also hope to catch up on the tasks in life that are overlooked. See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home