Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sunny days

The sun came out in a big way yesterday. It was almost 80 degrees! I enjoyed the sunny somewhat warm days that lead up to this beautiful Friday with wonderful almost daily bike rides. This day I had an unpleasant task I had to take care of but got to take the trolley downtown and walk in the loveliness. Things should work out but it will take some time and thought I don't want to give and didn't choose. Sorry that's vague but I cant share this until its a done deal. I will tell you it's not job related.

Things are going well in the world of podcasting. Ken seems to be enjoying the editing though he grumbles about it. We just go about our business and talk about stuff. The only planning we do is the getting together part. It has been a fun experience and I'm glad it has been well received. If you haven't checked the show out do it now! We have four episodes out and Ken is working on (editing) the most recent one. We should have done the people watching stroll yesterday. People were enjoying the warm sunshine on a Friday afternoon by dressing scantily, getting sunburned and trashed. Nick and I were out doing a few errands so we witnessed the party like atmosphere in the 'hood.

I enjoy Nick's silly nature when I'm bathing him. Yes, I get to bathe my 15 year old son. (He wears shorts) He broke his arm this time not his wrist but still the same arm. Anyway, he shouts such phrases as "It burns!" as I'm getting his hair wet to shampoo it up. It is just silly.

Haven't had much time for the knitty but here and there I'm working on the pink cardigan. It's a pretty color and feels so nice to work with. It's Cotton Fleece from The Brown Sheep Company. "All-season luxury cotton yarn". It's 80% cotton and 20% Merino Wool and the color is Tea Rose. Melissa carries this line but not this color. I really wanted pink and saw none I wanted so she showed me the color book and let me special order my pink! I still need to go back to the button store and choose what I want. Last time I was overwhelmed and left feeling like I am never gonna understand how I'm gonna find the right buttons! So many to choose from and the couple that own the store did not understand why I was there looking for buttons before I even had my yarn or started my project. Geez, I just wanted to get an idea. It's My World dammit! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home