Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Christmas adventure

The weather tried to cancel Christmas but you cant keep the Irish (Swedish, German . . ) down. I was going to try to get my car out to go to my parents but it started to blizzard again around 1pm! We were supposed to be there at 2ish. I was already snowed into my parking spot and the snow plow really helped with a extra bank of snow. My brother could not drive me and Wil since he had a passenger already and his car is a four seater. My Dad was not helping with the cooking (better that way) and my mom needed her sous chef (Wil) so he came with a shovel to help get my car out. Once he arrived and saw how much snow was on the roads and in the parking spots (or burying the cars) of my hood he said he would be our taxi. He picked us up around 1:45. I'm glad for that since I do not like to drive with the crazies on the snowy road anyway. Once we were off the side streets it was mostly clear or at least a path.

I had seen a lot during this storm taking the bus and MAX back and forth but I was still surprised how much snow was around the city. We just don't get this type of snow here!

We had a nice time just kicking back at my parents. Everybody was content to eat good food, enjoy the fireplace and watch stupid people trying to drive the side street outside my parents living room window. Probably the more relaxed holiday I have had in a long time. We headed for home around 8:15 since we were not sure of refreeze. The outside thermometer was working down to 32 so better safe than stuck. My mom came along for the ride since she has been snowed in for the whole time. She got out the last Tuesday before the big crippling snow hit. They did the Christmas dinner food shopping that day. Glad they did because it was a great dinner.

As for presents. I was extremely surprised and pleased to receive a cordless power tool set from my dad. He got up at 4am the day after Thanksgiving to stand in line at Home Depot to get this set for me. Drill, skill saw, hand held vac and flashlight. It comes with one battery and charger. It also included a tool box. (not for the set but regular) The bit set for the drill is crazy! I have drill bits for any job imaginable, screw bits of every job and it's in a cool roll up kit. I have already used the drill and vac for a small project. Very cool.

I hope all had a nice day and enjoyed the snow. Second white Christmas in a row.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home