Thursday, March 25, 2010

Do I have enough creativity to around?

I seem to be on a very creative path the last couple weeks. I started sewing, decorated an apartment (other than mine), came up with and followed through with my first couple sewing projects and now . . . . . .

My mom has enjoyed walking my visiting auntie (She She) through her first painting she decided I would learn too. What? Can I just remind everyone I don't draw? I have not attempted oil painting since I was 8 years old and sucked! Really, I still have the evidence to prove it. There was too much pressure with all the awesome creative women of the family I was surrounded by. My Grandmother (pops ma) , my mom and my aunt by marriage to my pops brother. They were all awesome artists, teachers and had shows that were well attended and sold. I am the only left handed person in the family ever. I was never quite allowed to forget that. It has always made me do the simplest things differently. When I was a kid I was always moving and doing - not much for sitting still.

Last Tuesday (my day off) my mom sat me down in front of a blank canvas and a picture on a greeting card. She said this (as a painting) would go well with something she was painting for me. At first I'm all like I don't know how to draw and really I don't know how to draw . . . how do you even start? My mom told me I did know how and explained to me how you look at the canvas and the piece you are drawing from. You turn it into four equal sections and start. After starting and erasing four times I got the hang of it. I surprised myself. Mom had me trace the image from the canvas and on Tuesday we are going to start on the background colors! I was excited and wanted to start right away but mom said we need to talk about technique and color mixing, texture and some other stuff. I will take pictures and post them if my phone camera takes good ones.

I figure that since I'm not performing at Comedy Sportz anymore or being a "Diva" for derby I must be channeling all that creativity through my DIY craftiness. I am enjoying all the diversity of the crafty. It makes a Diva smile.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home