Monday, March 08, 2010

the inner decorator is peeking out!

I am very excited about a side project. A friend of Wil's got an apartment and wants me to decorate it! He has some furniture but needs some shelving/storage and art. Anyone that knows me knows I am all over this. I have had fun looking at paint chips, old Better Homes and Garden magazines, watching HGTV (wait, I always do that), browsing CraigsList for cool stuff and a trip to IKEA to get a sense of likes of the "client". I am enjoying the possibilities I'm thinking up!

Since it's a small space I want any furniture I pick to have more than one function. As an example the "desk" I'm wanting to use is a stainless table on wheels. He can study wherever he wants but it can double up with his exisiting dining table as needed. The legs are adjustable for his height as well. (he is 6'5'') If he is preparing a meal and needs extra counter space he can roll the (emtpy) table over to the kitchen and "bam" instant work space! I knew all that HGTV viewing time would come in handy!

Brian's mom is so excited about me decorating his space she wants me to do her place next. She has great rugs in muted earth tones but no color on the walls. I think the only piece of art (above the fireplace) belongs to Brian and he is taking it with him. I have some wonderful colors in mind but want to hear what Mary likes and get a color inspiration from things in her house/wardrobe.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home