Sunday, March 14, 2010

sewing fun and Cadets

I have been practicing on my sewing machine but had to stop sewing fun for Nick's visit. He had a four day leave that ended Tuesday night at 17:00. I drove him back to school along with my parents and Auntie She She. She arrived from California the evening before. I'm not sure my car could handle the drive so I borrowed my parents car - along with my parents. (Whenever my parents do something I say it's a Geezer adventure) We were supposed to leave my house at 10:15 to allow extra travel time because of the possible snow in the mountian passes. All parties were late arriving to my house so we left closer to 11. We hit Sandy by 12noon but had to stop at Joe's for doughnuts. It was almost 1pm when we got going again! Did I mention we had to drive back home after Nick got dropped off? Once we left Sandy (full of doughnuts) we seemed to be on track. The snow in the passes was pretty and soon mom, Nick and She She were asleep. I could swear we were on a Twilight Zone road though. The more we drove it seemed we were not getting any closer! We finally got into Bend around 4pm. Nick needed to eat and finish his homework. By the time we had him back at school we had to drive back . . . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home