Saturday, July 31, 2010

Scooby Doo please leave!

I must be living in confused land today. I even took a nap but came right back to confused. My confusion began first thing in the morning. The huge house across the street from me has had a team of painters coming and going this summer. They started with a lot of prep and repairs. The home owner had them paint several colors on a huge piece of plywood that was propped up against the house. They also painted big samples on random spots of the house. Some colors were just horrible! I was excited to what they would pick. Earlier this week "the team" rented a high lifter and finished scraping and taping for paint. They started with a slightly more blue gray than what is has been on the house. They sprayed the whole thing! I was disappointed but hoped for a great two-toned trim combo. Yesterday I came home to a not very attractive bold brown trim going up. I felt so let down! I went out and about with a new gal in town (don't get excited for me. she is straight and living with a guy-one of Wil's best friends) We came by around 5ish and the local paint store van was in front of the place delivering more paint. Next time I come around it's almost midnight so I'm not paying attention.

This morning I wake up to the high lift beeping around. I don't look out right away because I am making my coffee and generally waking up. When I do I am shocked to see the front of the house is brick red! They sprayed the front and slopped over on the trim of the windows so they are some of the gray-blue and some brick red. I turn away in confusion. I peek out through out the day wondering what else has happened. A couple hours later I look out and the brick color is now the whole place! They left the little bit of brown trim on they had done. Next time I look out is just f'ed up. BTW The house has lap siding with shingles on the dormers. One guy is on the ground while the other guy is near the top of the house on the high lifter. Ground guy is spraying more of the brick color on the house side to side while the high guy used a roller up and down? Roller on the outside of the house . . . . going opposite the siding . . . using a roller . . . . change the color . . . . . . What the fuck?

I went on the dating site today as you probably know from my earlier post. I looked at the profiles of some who had viewed me, the ones who had e-mailed me and the ones who had tried to IM me. Just so you know I hate the imposition of the IM on the dating site. It reminds me of guys using cheesy lines at the bar. Anyway, I responding to an IM that I did not see when I was on and off the computer Tuesday night. I was being opened minded (nothing ventured not gained) so I wrote back. The message I got back made me roll my eyes. I'm sure it was sincere but it was annoying and cheesy. He said
"Well I am truly blessed today.. You have reponded back to me. I would like to take a moment of silence..................................................................................................
.............................................First off I am not one of those player type of men who surf the dating sites looking for a booty call . . " It went on but the biggest irritation to me was I wrote back and told him I was not religious (important to him) , thanks and good luck. He wrote back saying he hoped to hear back from me? Dude! I just gave you the goodbye e-mail! Is it me or is the world spinning through confused town?

The other annoying thing about the guys that respond to my profile is how they instantly share personal info. I don't want to e-mail you with my personal e-mail or call you giving you my phone number. So far 4-5 guys has given me phone number and/or e-mail. I don't know anything about you and more importantly I don't want you to have mine. Later if we meet and I see you are not a serial killer or angry freak I will share. As a woman I am trying to be safe/smart to protect myself.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Goola! said...

take a picture of the house! I need to see. We need to pick a color for our house... maybe brick red? LoL

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Since yesterday they changed the color of the dormers! They were the brown color but now they are a plain gray (not the body color of yesterday morning) to match the roof - WHAT?!? So, they are paying tons of extra for this job. The cost of paint and re-painting the whole HUGE house twice plus . . .

You should pick several colors and have the minions keep changing it daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home