Friday, August 27, 2010

Snail mail is fun!

Hi all,

I recently signed up to be a pen pal to a deployed marine. After my experience with Nick and his military school I understand the need for support. Being in a strange place and being lonely a nice letter is a great break. I actually have 2 pen pals now. You write to a soldier and give them something to look forward to. If you want you can send them care packages. Nick told me the key items the soldiers love to receive. This is not a dating site and the soldier can be man or woman married or single. It is mostly snail mail that they can receive but each soldier is different.

It is free to sign up and in a day or two the site admin e-mail's you the name and address of your pen pal. Please consider this easy way to volunteer time and help someone. Below is an e-mail I received from the admin of the site where I got one of my pen pals.


Thanks,


Marta

Hello Fellow Supporters:

We need some MANY MORE supporters to take on some of our wonderful deployed service members! If you could get 3 friends, family, coworkers, anyone to join us, please pass this email it to them!
Or have them go to www.adoptaussoldier.org and register on our site. The troops need our help!

A soldier recently registered with the following comments:
I would like to thank your organization in the help they have been giving to all of us here.
I have seen some soldiers around that have gotten letters or care packages from their supporters and love them. I hope to see one soon, what it does for morale I can not put in words. Thank You

Thank you in advance for your help!

You are all AMAZING!!!

The AAUSS Team

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home