Sunday, June 12, 2011

Life is the messy bits

Today is not the day I planned but it was a good day to be a Diva in my world. Originally it was to be day two of Rose Festival Dragon Boat Races for my friend (racing) and me. (watching) He is the Captain of his company's team. Last year they were so close to winning! They barely got beat and ended in 4th place. They were missing three of their team this year to the international racing in Vancouver. (it has to turning into a very competitive sport) They got third place both races Saturday by seconds but got eliminated in their first race on Sunday - done. Sorry Mt. t.

I was looking forward to people watching, boat glancing and just hanging out on the water front. I bike up there and have a few things in my back pack just to chill. Don't feel too sad for me. I ended up having a wonky but great day.

Since the weather was over cast I thought it would be a good day to spray the Asian screen I got for free. The chair and screen are so worked out design-wise! I love when it falls into place. The screen is a deeper red with avocado colored crinkle fabric behind. There is flecks of copper in the fabric - sooo cool and so me. We got some great fabric for the chair that is a Asian style print. (and on crazy sale!) We are going to use pictures (sections) from the print to do each part of the chair. One scene is the seat, two smaller sections for each arm and one for the back. It is going to be pretty cool. My mom and I will tackle the chair soon but I need to get the screen out their garage I am getting to it.

So I got three cans of spray paint thinking it will be more than enough. It is a trickier spray job than I have done before. The design of the screen and all the changing straight lines calls for "mad skills" spraying. The first can went pretty fast but I was not too worried. Second went by too fast as well. I was not even half way down on both sides! I had to keep working my way around. I don't like to lay it down and only paint one side. Circling works best for me. The upside of the newest spray paint is it dries in 30 minutes to the touch, one hour you can move the project and 24 hour completely dry. Three cans down and no more so off to Home D I go. I bought four so I would not run out. You can return spray with a receipt. By the time I got back from a crowded Home D on a Sunday it was starting to drizzle. Thankfully not much before I got back and the screen was dry enough to move. Whew!

The other chore I decided to do while the screen was drying was washing my car. I have not washed it for months (August). I used a rag, a hose, Bio-Green and a car scrub brush. Armed with all that it still took me three go-a rounds and two hours of non-stop work. My arms are a little tight and my ribs are achy but I am sure they will be sore tomorrow. Did I mention I did this in the drizzle that turned into a steady rain? It was not warm but not chilly. I really wanted to get it done. I need to wash it again soon on a dry warm day and wax. Ethyl MeRM is worn but an oxidizing wax should revive her. She wont be new but deserves to try to be pretty. A task for another day. Last week I spent an hour vacuuming her out. I am trying to treat her better. She is not my dream Volvo but that is not her fault. Long live Ethyl MeRM the Diva mobile.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home