Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bead show good!

I really enjoyed the Bead and Gem Faire this time! I told Kel she had to go with me. Auntie BFF drove into town the night before with Auntie She She. She She was too tired since she had surgery a few days before. Mom and Dad usually go with me but stayed home to be with Sheesh. Sandy does not "bead" but her Auntie does so she went crazy getting stuff for her! Kel was not looking forward to the show but boy did she go nuts! We were there for four hours and did not see everything! (first photo is my dollar finds. Yup, each strand was a dollar!)

The second photo is my new treasure I am most excited about. The center piece is Ocean Jasper. What I love about it is the green part looks like a shamrock. It has a sterling silver ring on it so I could wear it on a chain but I found these two strands in the bargain bin and shazam! I like to mix texture and sizes. The smaller beads are pearls smaller then beads. The other stone is semi rough turquoise. Kel and I are going to attempt to make some simple necklaces. We also bought some clasps and rings. I leave the hard stuff to t.

The bead show is not just about scoring on beads. I love looking around and getting inspired. It is even better when someone else enjoys going and hunting too. I do find beads I want to put together in my own way but it gets me inspired to continue my "creative" else where. Sandy is going to take her Auntie to the show when it comes to her town and Kel is already excited for the next show in July.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home