Friday, October 01, 2004

Fall

Of the four seasons Fall has always been my favorite. The smells, intense colors, and the need for layers of clothing. Chilly mornings followed by warm afternoons that turn into cool evenings. Ahhh.

Sure I like all the seasons. They all have unique qualities but fall is so poignant. It's also the most romantic time to me. I love going to a football game and as it gets cooler snuggle up to that someone. Just watch out because I really get into a football game. I can turn from sweet lovable me to a rabid fan in a split second. :)

On a cold rainy fall night I like to sit in front of a roaring fire. Big Band music in the back round and maybe some red wine. We could be talking or each reading but we are together and content. Much like a football game and split second timing I may get a bit cuddly. (or a lot!)

A newer fall event I have enjoyed in recent years is hiking. At first Deeg took me out to hikes in the gorge to let me vent and dispense advice to my confused inner child. Soon it turned into Wise man/Grasshopper sessions as I grew stronger. He gave me advice on photography so I ended up taking some pictures I'm pretty proud of. (can someone PLEASE show me how to use hello to post pictures?) I really enjoy the exercise and getting into the beauty fall offers in the gorge. We should be getting out there anytime. (hint hint Deeg) I'm still gimp but can do short easy terrain hikes. If anyone wants to join us feel free. Deeg knows some great spots that usually end up at interesting waterfalls.

I know that fall is supposed to represent closer into winter when things are dormant until the awaking of spring. To me it's a beginning. School starts among other things. Sometimes it's hard for me to translate from Marta's World to yours. I guess what I'm trying to say is especially this year it's my chance to start over. I'm at the crossroads and need to choose where I go from here. It's obvious to me I need to choose differently on my job choices. I am embracing the twist of fate and the not so subtle hint I needed to pick a more permanent career choice. How's that for personal growth Wise Man? Grasshopper is catching on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home