Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Life of a Professional Slacker

I know many of you are thinking that Professional Slacker has to be a cushy life. I'm here to tell you while it has it's perks it also has a down side. Not having to set the alarm for the morning.(Yah!) That also means you have no place imperative you have to be. (:{ ) That is nice for awhile but the pay as a Professional Slacker is little to none. It definitely cramps my style.

Here is an example of what "fun" I do get to have. I came downstairs yesterday after sleeping in. (I did get home at midnight) to an unhappy roommate. The home owner is out of town again for his job. He leaves his dog for us to care for. My other roommate has a dog as well so she is mostly in charge. It seems fair to me since I'm the one that cleans up those pesky dust weasels. She informs me that Max (the dog) has shown his unhappiness of his owners absence by using the house as a public toilet. She had already cleaned up a mess from most every room of the house! (I close my bedroom door when I'm not home :])He even went so far as to uncharacteristically lift his leg (he is 8 so he usually squats) to pee on the couch while she was sitting on it watching T.V.! He was able to not only hit the cloth couch but the wool rug it sits on. Now the house smells like pee and Jo Jo ,the other dog, slinks around as if he is in trouble too.

So the "fun" I referred to was this. I get dog watch when the roommate goes to work. That also means cleaning up any messes during said watch. I don't want to clean up anything having already potty trained my own kids. I spent part of my evening sitting in the Living room on (the far side of ) the couch watching a reality show. In the Living room we don't have cable but rabbit ears. The channels that come in are ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. I was not interested in the show but had to spend time with Max to keep from cleaning up messes. It's like having my crazy dog Uma back. (That's a whole other story I will get to someday.) I'm happy to say that there were no messes on my watch. I also wasn't doing what I would normally do on an evening I was home. It's not like I had somewhere I had to be in the morning.

So before you wish you had the title of Professional Slacker you might want to re-think that. ;)



The counter of posts is always way off. I counted all of them and here (for my benefit) is the count. 77 actual posts and 2 unfinished drafts. It always bugs me and I had the time since the shower was occupied. Professional Slacker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home