Friday, January 28, 2005

I'm independently mobile again! Yay Me!!

After many up and downs I can finally say I got me a car! Okay it's looks like a rolling refrigerator being white and all but it's mine! 1990 760 GLE Wagon. I hope it turns out okay having bought it before S1 viewed it.

It just had some important things done that should make Dave at Swede One happy. Yes, I bought it on the word and faith of two Car Guys and a Volvo biz guy. I feel pretty confident that Dave will back me up. If not I feel like a bozo. (and blame Ken for being so darn sick I did this on my own) I have an appointment in a bit with S1.

After my time with Dave I want to see if I can get it detailed and make an appointment for the windshield. It has a crack so I want to get it replaced. Monday I need to do DEQ and DMV so I can be legit. I feel a road trip coming on! Sadly not for my DB's birthday show. :{ I wish I could Baby.

I have the boys this weekend so it's good to have a car again. Wil has today off but Nick has Monday. It is good to have one on one time with them so no complaints. Nick has soccer tonight and basketball Saturday evening. Sunday is all about me though. :)

I have Deep Dish rehearsal then knitty class. I don't have to get up at an un holy hour to get to NW for my things. Last Sunday it took 1 1/2 hours on the bus/MAX/Streetcar to get to class. I barley missed a trolley so I was almost 20 minutes late. Not this time!

I have one knitty errand I have to do (get another set of #1 dpn for the sock project) and another I want to do. I have my swatch done and it's borderline so I want someone to look at it so I can get started!

DB gave me a cool knitty mag for Christmas. There is many things I want to make but a vest is my first project. I have wanted one but none to buy or make was right until the U neck Vest in knit.1. I like the colors it's made in but I went for a different look for the first one. I'm mixing a thin moss green mohair blend with the grey wool blend from my stash. That will be the ribbing, neckband and armhole bands. The body is and subtle turquoise to seafoam green mohair blend. It sounds strange but looks cool together.

I'll try to get some pics taken today or tomorrow to show the yarn and car. Right now I'm gonna go to Fabric Depot for the dpn set and browse. I have my swatch in the car (MY car) just in case.

Post note: Call me a bozo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home