Monday, January 24, 2005

Happenstance

There are times when you truly feel that you have control over the things that happen in your world. Other times the very thing you have been trying to do with no success is easily done. BAM. A person can be too close to the situation and an outsider can see it from a different angle. That may have happened for Me last night. I wont go into detail now but in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed, wish Me luck or pray for Me. I really just want to get all parts of my life going in the same positive direction.

Yesterday I had a great knitty class once I got there. ( I truly dont mind public transportation but from my current hood. . . yeah.) The class is for knitter's of skills above fundamental learning that want to challenge themselves with a project(s) they have never. My goals for the class are to finish Vintage sweater, learn to make socks in the round using double pointed needles (dpn), and be able to read my way through a pattern. Sometimes they can be confusing for the most seasoned of Knitter's. I feel pretty good about my progress yesterday. Pictures later today after some of today's task is complete. I'm just so happy to be knitting again! Almost a week with no knitty!


I think one of the reasons knitting is easier this time around is due in part to improv training. One of the things in improv is to just accept period. Maybe the offer doesn't make sense but you accept it, YES and it and go forward. There are some things in knitting I just don't get how it works but I know I'm doing it right so I just go with it. You cant always expect to logic out something until you get to the end and see the answer. The gal teaching the class used Me as an example yesterday to all the "Why?" people. The ones like 2-3 year olds that over use the word. "I love the way Marta accepts and moves on even if she doesn't quite get the outcome yet." I took that as a complement.

I'm going to shower, dress and go back to look at the cars I'm debating about. Hopefully Ken is able to come out later and give his two cents. I feel good about my choices. I guess it's true what they say. "Go when you are most afraid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home