Sunday, February 20, 2005

A bit of knit

While I've been sick you would think I would have been knitting up a storm. Not so. I was for the most part too sick to knit. It's only been in the last couple days I have been up to it. The flu is a tricky thing. The body aches are zoned into specific places. My ankle, knees, neck and hands. My ass is sore too but that's cause I'm not used to sitting on it so much!

So I have been working on the U neck vest a bit. I almost have the back done. I started on the front while I was working on the back so I have the 8 inches of ribbing done and am ready to start on the body. I really like the yarns I picked for this and cant wait to finish!

I have the Vintage sweater done. I just need to finish working in the tails and mattress stitch it together. I already have the shoulders at the neck together and one sleeve pinned on . I got busy then sick so I haven't done as much as I would like.

I haven't gotten very far with my sons socks either. The size one needles and in the round have been a challenge. I do want to get serious on those after I'm better. It feels kind of dorky that I have to wear my reading glasses for this. I'm sure as I get better practiced at this it will be better.

There is a great simple pattern in the first Stitch and Bitch book for a cell phone cover. It also works for I Pods and palm pilots with some ajustments. I have finished knitting one and just need to stitch it up. There are a bunch of people I want to make these for. It doesn't take much time or yarn. Just add it to the list! :)

That's my knitting update for now. I hope to be better and ready for an outing today. I haven't been to a QK since November I think. They meet at Mabel's today for a couple of hours. Gives me something to look forward to. I'm so done being sick! Come Tuesday I gotta hit the ground running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home