Wednesday, February 09, 2005

"Not what I expected" and other news in Marta's World

I was feeling a bit wonky yesterday but really thought it was lack of sleep. (thanks :) You!) This morning I awoke to being sick. Everyone has or knows someone that has this flu going around. Add me to the list. I really don't have time for this but also know there is no fighting it. I laid low today not even feeling up to knitting. I did have to go to the store having come back from DB's with no milk, bread, o.j. etc. I had to drink two big cups of tea to get me that far. (I will get back to the tea in a moment) That trip was enough to warrant a nap. I totally didn't even think to get any medicine just the above listed items. After nap I made a trip to the local big chain drugstore for a supply. (of course after another big cup of tea) After consulting with the pharmacist I took my day and night pills to the register for purchase. Thankfully they were on sale so I didn't mind as much. Maybe that was the flu haze. . .

Not to long ago Danielle gave me a gift certificate to Adaigo Teas. It was quite unexpected and sweet. (Thanks again D!) I like tea almost as much as coffee. There are just certain times when only tea will do. I really like the bold and rich black teas. Tazo makes a Christmas tea I really like as well as a English breakfast blend. Flavored teas can be nice as long as the flavor isn't too overpowering. I ordered several sample sizes so I could get a sense of what they offer. WOW on the Christmas! Much better that the Joy blend Tazo does! The loose leaves have a more potent flavor than the processed bag tea. I really want more Christmas before it's gone. Thanks to Danielle I have a new obsession! I really want the cool teapot they have on special. The strainer ball is messy and annoying. I'm not normally so gadgetity but that is an easy way to make a great cup of (loose leaf) tea. I must admit the video is cool.

I am in the "Battle of the Sexes" in Portland this Sunday. We have a special start time as there is a bonus show after us (for free with a farm team admission) called Screaming Mee-Mees. (see excerpts from CSz Portland news letter)

===========Special Farm Team Battle of the Sexes ===============
On Sunday, Feb 13 at 6:30pm, our Farm Team will do their own Battle of the Sexes. Thrill as our top workshoppers show their improv stuff!In addition, Screaming Mee-Mees will tune up their improvised rock opera prior to their Seattle appearance (see story below). That show will be right after the Farm Team and is FREE with your Farm Team admission -which is already a very good entertainment deal - just $6 or $5 with a can of food for Oregon Food Bank.

==ComedySportz Battle of the Sexes!=================================
Men versus Women. It's the age old battle, and ComedySportz brings it to the CSz Arena and playing field this weekend, Feb 11 and 12, just in time for Valentine's Day. Teams composed entirely of men find themselves incomedic struggle with teams composed entirely of women. It's dramatic,it's fun, and we'll find out for sure who brings the remote home after the match. Will the women keep their dominating streak alive? Or will the men finally figure out a way to win the weekend?ComedySportz Battle of the Sexes shows are the most popular shows of the year. Good seats are still available, so make your reservations now! Friday, February 11 at 8pm Saturday, February 12 at 7pm and 9pm Call 503.236.8888 or buy those tickets on-line:https://www.portlandcomedy.com/reservations

Screaming Mee-Mees continue their march toward domination of the world visa vis improvised Rock Operas. Mostly because they are the only group doing improvised rock operas - 40 minutes off one suggestion, ALL in song. Directed by Betse Green, with keyboards by Knute Snortum, and featuring Jenny Criglar, Mary Pat McCoy, Margie Boule, Jennette Zarko, Nate Parkes and Patrick Short. Playing in Seattle on Friday, Feb 18 at 8pm at the Market Theatre. Catch both shows with a festival pass ticket and a quick drive between theatres! Check the seattleimprov.com website or call us if you need help.


That's it for now. I'm worn out sitting here typing a small amount of all I really wanted to say. Going to take my nighttime drugs and slip into a drug induced haze while watching Buffy. Nite : - )

2 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Get better quickly, you! I'm looking forward to you rocking the CSz show on Sunday!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

Thanks You. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home