Tuesday, February 08, 2005

And so it goes

Continuing to move forward is my path. I have support and love to help guide me. I must always remember that at the end of the day/journey it's me that is there for me. That is what I can count on and believe in. I have learned this lesson over the last few years sometimes in a very painful manner.

It's nice to have someone there at the end of the day. They are there to share to victory or to console when bad things come around. To be part of a couple feels good but to be separate and equal is a nice footing to be on. It really shows who You are. It's easy to lose yourself in the other person or what "You" as a couple are supposed to be. With all I have been through and learned I never want to be in that position again. I'm not saying I will be forever single - heaven forbid!
In any relationship compromises are needed to keep everyone happy but to compromise yourself to suit the other person is robbing yourself. I want to be in a relationship for the "right" reasons not just so I wont be alone. That's how I want the other to person to feel too. Not to protect me or save me but because they want to be in my life and are comfortable in the same space.

I hope my thoughts aren't too vague. I'm really (always) on a self discovery tour. I spent so many years doing the very things I've just typed above that I check in with myself to make sure I'm on the right path. Making sure the things that I want or need are not going to compromise Me. I'm not going to be on my own forever but for now it's how it is. I have so much to do for me I probably wouldn't be good in that situation anyway.

Think good thoughts as I get back to "work" on the messy that is my life. I'm trying the best I can to fix it up. Maybe after I get it straightened up I can redecorate a bit. One step at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home