Thursday, March 10, 2005

*Cleansing breath* Catch you up!

I had a busy successful day yesterday! I was on fire as far as getting things done and Marta's way. I don't know where this part of me has been (resting up?)but I'm glad to have her back!

I started my day with some computer stuff while enjoying my coffee. Then it was off to my power walk. (third day in a row)I had an appointment with the Assistant Manager to turn in my application and have the (dreaded) background checks. With what I told him he still seemed optimistic on my getting it! (it is a renters market right now)A final trip to Costco and I was off to the Beaverton/Hillsboro area to fill my vending machines.

On the long drive (on a beautiful day) I realized that I haven't been paid at all from the Temp agency. The agency was on the way from S.E. (on 205) to Hillsboro so I detoured. The lady that hired me wasn't there again so I got to talk to the lady in charge of the office. She is one of those people that takes their job and makes it more important than it is. A little power goes a(too)long way. She was pissed that I got a permanent full time job. (and not through her)I went in and told her that I had not received any pay so far. She would ask questions (the same one several times) but not listen to the answers. This greatly irritated me and I commanded her to listen to me by taking over and clarifying the information while enunciating well. She told me I didn't need to get huffy. I told her that I was simply clarifying so we could move on. It sounds pissy in telling this but I can assure you I was polite but I grew weary of this woman. While we were trying to establish things the gal from the building maintenance (LP job) called (still) looking for my replacement. In the phone call (having told the gal I was standing right there) not only did they both make put down jokes about me but the other gal said I didn't work there those last three days! I clarified again the hours I had worked and reminded them of the BFD about taking last Thursday off for personal reasons. The gal called back and finally everyone was on My page. After she hung up I told power lady that not only is it rude to put someone down but to begrudge them what they need is bad. I went on to say that nobody explained the terminology to me. I have never worked for a temp agency before so I didn't understand. I went on to say when someone can better themselves you should be happy for them. By the time I got to my circumstances of what I have been through the last year she was looking at the top of her desk her face pretty red. When I finished she apologized but continued to look anywhere but in my face. I will have two checks waiting for me to pick up on Friday.

After that fun half hour I had one quick errand at the mall then on to Hillsboro. As I drove the rest of the way I also realized I really don't want to do the vending machines anymore. I didn't want the business and wasn't supposed to be the one running it. The machines collecting dust in a warehouse may be used soon and that made me realize I want out. I offered the nice guy out at one of the two businesses who helps me a lot to buy them cheap. I figured it's the right thing to do since he has helped me so much. He is talking to his wife about it. I would be happy to just let that go.

I finally got to go to a workshop! I haven't been in well over a month! Being sick sucks! It was a lot of fun with Flashlight Bill teaching games played in the dark. It was great to see folks and to be playing again. I am the walternet for Sunday the 20th. If a woman drops out I'm in the show!

I also missed two Deep Dish sessions. We get together again Monday. I will be there and motivated! We have our show scheduled for Saturday Late Night (11pm) on May 14th. Come on down! (more details later)

I'm going to go on my walk in a few then hit the showers. I hope to hear from the A.M. soon so I know where I'm going. I will be very disappointed if I don't get it but will ask for all the details of why. That way I can correct things and either still get that one or know what to do for the next place. No dead ends just re-write the map.

Well here I am here I am
I'm back at the crossroads again
oh let me stand let me stand
let me stand on top of the mountain again
The Explosions "Here I am"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home