Sunday, June 19, 2005

Good times

I wish I could post and knit while cycling. That would make it perfect! I really get a lot out of cycling and it lets all the great thoughts and ideas float to the surface. The bad part is I have brilliant posts that come to me while I'm out on my bike but by the time I'm near a computer again - gone! At least I got to enjoy them.

Here are some random thoughts and snipets of the brilliance I got to enjoy so I will pass them on to you.

I will say I enjoyed my lazy time yesterday. I never finished a movie or show but had a great time doing it. I (as you can tell) had time to be and play on the computer. I don't think I have given myself permission to do that for a long time. I even updated my LJ that has been abandon for a long time. The only part about a lazy time is you usually have nowhere to go. I did have to go pick Wil up from his friends house in the 'Couve at 11pm. He was at a birthday party that was gaming and viewing zombie movies.

Not long after I moved out from the house where I had lived with my ex and the boys (over four years ago.) "they" gave me a present. It was a cycling jersery. I really had to fight for my cycling time when we were together since it was taking time away from the family. Things he wanted to do however. . . Anyway, I found it to be an odd gift as he never supported my need and desire to cycle. I always felt it was a consolation prize. He got (took) the kids and I got a jersery. Today I felt it was right to wear it for the first time. It might not make sense to you but meant something to me.

Could someone please video tape me while I'm cycling? Not in a stalkerish way but without me knowing it. I get comments constantly from (mostly) men when I start up from a stop. I know I do my cycling like I do other sports - full on. I take no prisoners. The knick name given to me many years ago is "Butch biker Babe" if that tells you anything. I've had guys make astonished comments from open car windows, bus stops, other cyclists and passers by.

"If you look out your window and they are there - they are a stalker." DJ

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

So much wrong* in this posting, yet so much right . . . :-)

* As in the "that's just wrong" type of wrong.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

Just what are you trying to say Rubber Dali aka DB?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home