Monday, June 13, 2005

It's good to be me

Some great things, awesome happenings and lovely everyday occurrences have made my world a good place to be. It's been very fast paced for the last bit of time but the people and enjoying the simple things make it well worth it.

I'm really enjoying the challenges of having two teenagers full-time. I don't get as much sleep as I would like but for the most part it is wonderful. I really like having them around. Lots of changes and decisions to make but I'm glad to be able to make those changes. I know there will be ups and downs but isn't that life anyway?

I have enjoyed DB around for a couple weekends in a row. We have had some good times. We have gone to concerts, book stores, farm team shows, yarn shops, as well as some slower paced stay at home days. I have been a bit spoiled with three weekends in a row either with our kids and some time alone. I treasure our time. No matter what we do we have a good time. I was sad to see him go this morning but he always leaves me with a smile on my face and in my heart.

I have been able to spend some time at Portland CSz lately. I have had a good time and learning in workshops. We have a good bunch of folks on the farm team. I always leave workshops happy I went. I was in the show last night and had a great time. My team was Deep Dish minus Deeg. We sooo should have won but the sound guy had it out for us! ;)

In related CSz news:

7pm Sunday, June 19th, we have another holiday PRO-AM - a
Comedy Sportz Show featuring veteran professionals alongside some of our best from the Farm Team, our advanced class for adults. This show is a great value at $6, or just $5 with a can of food for the Oregon Food Bank. And does Dad pay when he comes to the Pro-Am? No, he does not. But just on June 19th!

Not sure of the Pro players but the F.T. players are Karen, Gary, John R. and myself. Come out and enjoy a rocking show!

BTW Please notice the subtle changes here and there in this blog. Some of the changes are due in part to Ken the funny computer (geek) guy.

4 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geek? You have got to be kidding me. I don't even OWN a home computer. I am just better at seeing what someone else did and taking a chance it will work. Then again, I am single so there MUST be a Geek side after all.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Well, I'm not sure about the correlation between single and geek. I was single for 10 months and while I do own a home computer I don't really know enough about it to be a geek. I dont think that was the reason for being single. While I do take a lot of chances I have found I know just enough to be dangerous with said computer.

I could start an on line blog based dating service for you? They will probably knit. . . .

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't keep enough dollar bills on hand (in shirt pocket actually) for you to start a dating blog for me. I can't imaging exposing myself to the Internet. (Door's open, go for it.)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

*announcer voice (simular to a dj at a strip club)*
Okay Ladies,
His name is Ken and he hails from many places. He has had a extremely interesting life so far. You wont believe some of the stories he can tell you! Maybe you could give him some material for new stories. He likes dogs, (even when they bite him on the face)children, country music, fast cars. He is smart, funny, kind and has a big heart. Give it up for Ken! Rememeber the announcer works for tips!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home