Thursday, June 02, 2005

It is awful stormy

I have had many ups and downs since I last posted. I'm not really sure where to begin. I'll start with what it all revolves around and go from there.

Last Thursday when I was on the way home from the boy's house I got a call from their father. He told me to come and pick them up. I asked to speak to my oldest son to see what really happened. After hearing I told them I would be right there. They were ready to go by the time I got there and I have had them ever since. I'm very glad! I was hoping to wait til they were out of school but . . .

I was thankful that they changed my work schedule when I asked on Tuesday to accommodate me until my 14 year old is out of school in mid June. After that I have to follow the new shift bid without any other special treatment. In a twenty four hour period I went from dreading my job to great positive feelings to a not so happy place. This is what happened yesterday.

I got suspended without pay until Monday. This is after a short work week last week with hours/days cut because of less than anticipated amount of calls. So I worked 7 1/2 hours Tuesday and 5 hours on Wednesday. Not much to pay bills and feed two teenage boys. The reason for my suspending is I don't have speedy calls and I actually help the customer. Yes, I put the service in Customer Service. They like everything else I do but don't like my calls per hour stat.

I really need your help right now. I'm going to fight for custody of my children. They are soooo much happier since coming here to be with me. I see the difference! They have been having such a hard time. I could see them both getting worse and Nick was getting into trouble at school.

What I need is resources, a better job, and support. I'm talking whatever you can do for us. We need furniture and clothes for them, food, summer activities/job/mentoring and money to pay court fees. I would really like to be in a better financial position for this fight but I'm hoping I can keep this job until I find something else. I'm running out of time on this one. They need me now and going back to their dad's house is NOT an option.

As they say " When it rains it pours " Everything is happening at once but I'm holding together remarkably well. I knew it was a matter of time before things got sticky at the job. I have made huge improvements in all areas but the CPH. I have been looking and sending resumes out almost daily. My printer is suddenly not working (naturally). Hopefully when Ken comes over tonight to look at it he can fix it (keeping fingers crossed).

My rent is paid through to July but with the cut hours I'm nervous. The boys brought what they had from their dad's but Nick had no socks at his house, Wil only has 4 pairs of underwear and they both need some summer clothes that fit them. I don't even have a shelf or dresser for them.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give us. My boys deserve to be in a home where they know they are loved by words and actions. I want them safe and happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home