Thursday, May 04, 2006

But I don't want to bend over!

Nick was going to sell the iPod he got from a dude at school. He had saved $20. in his piggy bank and was going to sell the iPod originally to replace his PSP that was stolen. The iPod worked fine and he had a buyer after an hour! (he wrote in the ad why he was selling the iPod) He had erased the music but the gal wanted some music on it to send it to her nephew in Africa. When he tried to load it on iTunes the screen got a picture of a monkey holding an iPod on it. Seemed cute but not a good thing. Nick went down to the Apple Store to see if they could help. They told him some things to do but when he got home the only thing he could get were strange symbols randomly floating around the screen. So much for selling an iPod to get mom a bike.

The other bad news is slowly remembering everything that was on my bike. A mini pump clipped on the frame that I got for $60. The racing clip-on fenders that I got on sale at $50., and the 2 gel tubes at $8.99 each and the tools and repair kit at $20 more. Lets not forget my $30. on board system (I do have the face), the bike bag on the seat that held the kits, my safety triangle and light at $10. each. The leather seat I got at Team Estrogen for an amazing price that I wont be able to replace. When I called The bike store they didn't keep an accounting of my purchases even though they asked my name every time. I do keep receipts but for most things I didn't see the need for some anymore. The bottom line is I have the fender package, the face of the onboard system and some receipts but the renters insurance probably wont cover it and if I do make a claim my rates go up. That is what my agent said on the phone with the other good news.

I'm not giving up but it's not looking to good for me at this moment. I will continue to gather any information I can to make a better outcome. I have endured worse things than this and I am still standing.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marta:

Start watching the auction boards or craigslist. I saw a story recently where a guy found a guitar stolen from him online. He arranged to meet the guy and buy his guitar back. When he handed the guitar to him, the police swarmed in.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

Exellent idea JeR and one I already had! I generally looked then when I found out what day it was stolen I could look better. So far nothing.

Sad Marta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home