Saturday, March 17, 2007

Could this be it? Really? part II

As I drove to the appointment with my advisor I was dreading the outcome. I don't like to feel that way - very defeating and a waste of energy. I wanted to take advantage of this opportunity so I could have a career, have insurance, a retirement fund and in the process make my boys proud while taking care of them. I have wanted this for so long!

Jesse took me back to his office and started by asking how the career assessment class went. I told him of my results (Kindergarten Teacher and Clergy) and how I was surprised and how hard I took it.He was amused and trying not to be. Then I reminded him about the other career that came up that did interest me. I went on to say that my research showed that the time and cost of the schooling was more than the allotment for the program. We talked about it and then he went on to the internet to show me a PCC program that had a six month program in Pharmacy Technician! The cost is more than double the amount allowed in the Displaced Workers Program. He told me that if I wanted it, qualified and filled out even more paperwork I can do it! I practically jumped into his lap! Wow, that was not what I expected to hear and not how I thought I would feel in this meeting.

The next session starts late June and goes until December. Class goes three nights a week with a four hour lab on one of the school days in the late morning or a separate evening. They will pay for the coursework and books but I will still have to work to pay bills. I am open to part time jobs that pay well. A cocktail waitress or server that I can make a lot in tips working Friday and Saturday nights. Let me know what you come up with. I will have a lot of reading outside of class so a regular job wont cut it.

I am excited, scared, overwhelmed, delighted, relieved and still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. Could this be it? Am I going to finally get what I have been wanting so badly. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home