Friday, January 18, 2008

Help is Good so GIMME!

This is the end of week two in my Pharm Tech class. Things that have come as a bit of a surprise (good and bad) to me are:

~ The PT class only goes until March 17th. The mid-term is middle Feburary. I thought I had VI (six) months. eek!

~ How much I need to know/memorize! For the class tests, the job and the National PT test I take a little over a month after the class is over.

~ how cool it is that they used Greek and Latin to name everything! Body parts, ailments, drug names, perscription instructions but how much there is to memorize!

~ That the math is coming back and sticking. I have a hill to climb yet but I'm gonna keep hiking. That is also because of my awesome math tutor, Josh.

So here is my question that I am putting out there to all of you. Do you have any tricks you can share with me on cramming things in my brain? I have never had to study for anything of this magnatude before. There are some things that flash cards wont work. I'm reading things over and over to store it in the brain. My biggest concern is lack of time. I have my days off on school days but I work Friday - Monday. I read on breaks and lunch at work. I also use any free time to study but am not comfortable that it is enough. Any ideas good!

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger portlandnexus said...

One way to memorize lots of material is to learn a good memory system. I've got a copy of Harry Lorayne's _How to Develop a Super Power Memory_ by Harry Lorayne on the way for you.

A good friend of mine was struggling with his networking technology exams, learned Harry's system, and passed with flying colors.

I'll let you know when it comes in.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Thanks Cat Dude! I just need a bit of help to nail this! The mid-term is on Valentine's Day. That is perfect since I am my Valentine and a great grade is what I want!

You are the cat's meow,

MartaCycle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home