Monday, September 22, 2008

Pay Day and a Weekend, Woo Hoo! pt I

I had a great time this past weekend even though I started on Friday with a stomach flu. I got the bug from a pharmacists. She thought she had food poisoning. I was okay but tired when my alarm when off Friday morning but once I ate just before I left the apartment my stomach was on fire. I had no idea why it hurt but didn't think I needed to stay home. I was feeling wonky at work but once I had to start walking the hospital for delivery I knew I was done. I made it to 8am before I had to leave. I got home and slept from 9am to 2pm. I woke up feeling awesome! Good thing since I had an appointment with Hard Knox for adding color (to my awesome red and previous cut) at 4pm.

Jenna (Hard Knox) really knows hair. I have been looking for someone I can trust with my hair since Julie moved over four years ago! Jenna really listens to want you want then translates if what you want is possible. I have not "Styled" my hair in a long time because I didn't trust the many I tried. With HK I tell her my wants and she delivers! I even let her choose the shorter cut from a few months ago. I really wanted more funk so we went even shorter and added Auburn and Strawberry Blond highlights. I didn't see the vision she did on the color but I trusted her and gave her free rein. I have not gotten so many complements on my hair cut or color in a long time. Thank you Jenna!

I figured after Hard Knox I only had one chance to head for Ikea (as I had planned) to get essentials like energy efficient light bulbs, batteries and the usual chocolate, Swedish fish and Lingonberry syrup. I had plans with several different people all weekend and wasn't going to be able to go otherwise. I kept on thinking my plans I made were true - not to be canceled. It's odd to have several plans with different folks throughout the weekend fall through. It all turned out nice and fun in the end for me.


Carly and I had planned to go to a re-builder's warehouse after my morning appt on Saturday. Neither of us had need for anything but wanted to dig around looking for treasure. First thing (before I got up at 9:30) my morning appointment had to cancel. I was going to have a massage at home to help with stubborn neck muscles. Doc Bones has tried to get things aligned but the neck muscles wont give over! He suggested sports massage to relax them. Kimmie twisted her knee at work and had to cancel. Disappointed but looking forward to digging through stuff I e-mailed Carly. She is a night owl (being a tortured artist and all) so I let her know I was free much earlier. I heard back at 11 that her boyfriend had excepted an invite to play Ultimate Frisbee in Eugene. Would late day or Sunday work for me? I e-mailed back that I had Sunday plans with Deeg. She e-mailed back saying she would call if things changed or she was going to make it back early. At 12:30 she called me from Laurelhurst Park (sans car boyfriend and dog in tow) to tell me her friends canceled. We were back on but she wanted to meet at Hippo as she had never been. Cool.

Twenty five minutes later we met up inside Hippo. She liked some of the stuff available there. Her boyfriend just bought an older home so they may haunt Hippo this winter as they get some projects under way. I love looking at all the possibilities of projects I could do. I have tons of ideas for making furniture and art out of stuff like windows. My biggest excitement of the visit was finally finding a lamp to go with a Tiffany style lamp shade I have.
Carly saw it too knowing my search. My lamp died two years ago and was not re-wire able. I like the shade and the small size of it. I have carried it in my car for over a year looking for another lamp for it to live on. I have even taken it in stores trying it out on different lamps. The catch of my find was no wires. We looked it over and even took it a part examining the possibility. Carly said the cut glass alone was worth $20 or more. I took a leap of faith and purchased it for $15. Neither of us knows how to wire a lamp but how hard could it be?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home