Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gone with the Books

I have really been enjoying the book I got at the library. "Rhett Butler's People"by Donald McCaig. Has other books about Civil War he has written. I may check them out as well. I highly recommend this book! The story is fictional but he adds historical facts and events to make it more life like. He also weaves the original story (MM's GwtW) and key events in his story. It is a stand alone book but if you are a "Gone with the Wind" fan it almost makes it seem like part of a series. I never read the novel by Margaret Mitchell but "Gone with the Wind" is one of my favorite movies. I think my mom owns the book so maybe I will read it. You cant have dated me without seeing this movie. Seriously.

I have another book in the same vein that was written by Alexandra Ripley called "Scarlett" the sequel to Margaret Mitchell's "Gone with the Wind". It carries on the story where Margaret Mitchell left off. The book flap says "Alexandra Ripley, the writer chosen by the Margaret Mitchell estate to write this sequel." She has written several other books about the south. I really enjoyed how the characters evolved. I believe they recently made a movie of this book. To me the actors that played Rhett (Clark Gable) and Scarlett Vivian Leigh) in "Gone with the Wind" are them. I probably wont see it.

Gone with the Wind has been called the "Greatest love story ever". I think I would say a typical love story. Great love and misunderstanding/lack of communication that kills their all consuming love. In the end you still are in some way in love with that person you just cant be with them. One woman's opinion.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home