Sunday, September 14, 2008

Entertain Me

A couple of weeks we chose to watch the movie "Shoot 'em Up" with Deeg. We wanted to watch a bad-good movie and boy did it fit the bill! If you turned this on expecting a big budget action movie you would have been pissed! Susu came in near the end and kept asking us "What the fuck are you watching?" I did like it for the sheer ridiculousness of it. The characters are likable and you get hooked waiting to see what will happen to this guy next. I do recommend this movie for a laughing good entertain - me time. The action is unbelievable but fun to watch. His leather jacket seems to be made of Teflon.

Another movie we saw a couple of months ago I really liked is called "Fido" It is a semi-comedy zombie flick. There is some blood because it is a zombie movie. It had a good story and was enjoyable to watch. I liked how they made it look like an old fifties film. We found it on On Demand. I think I would like to own this one.


Wil didn't think I would like "Knocked Up". We were looking through On Demand and he told me I probably would think it was too immature. That seemed like a challenge to me so I said I wanted to see it. I found it to be a good movie to watch. I liked the characters and the story line. It is a clumsy love story which makes it more realistic. It reminded me a bit of "Forty Year Old Virgin" though I'm not sure why besides the male lead.



"The Bucket List" was a good movie. Wil wasn't sure he wanted to see it but Deeg insisted. We all liked it a lot and did not expect some of the twists. I would recommend this movie for the beautiful story. It was a heart squeezer at times. I love Morgan Freeman so just because of him I would watch it. We watched it at an interesting time for me. It was the week after my ER visit. I was still at a critical time so the story made me think. I didn't make a bucket list but I did think of some loose ends I wanted to tie up - just in case.
I did feel some regret for things I have not done or finished. It also made me feel that I if I was going to go I would go down swinging. For anyone that knows me - no shock there.

I have already commented on some movies I have seen in the theater recently but I will recall. I really loved "Sex in the City". If you are a fan of the series I highly recommend this movie. The story moved well and continued where the show left off. BTW it is coming out on video Sept. 23rd. There were a couple of things I didn't like the outcome of but if you have not seen it I wont spoil it for you.


"Mama Mia" was beautiful. I sang, I felt surges of joy and the pain of the sadness of the story. The music and story blended well toghter. I almost felt as if I was there and part of it. I have to own this movie! Meryl Streep bowled me over! She has great stage presence and is a hell of a singer! Mary didn't think Pierce Brosnan was the right choice for the male lead. My mom and I didn't agree with her. My mom's reason is she thinks he is hot. I think the chemistry was beliveable so I was satisfied. I was a little hesitant to see this with my mom. We saw "Moulin Rouge" together in the theater and she hated it. That movie hit home with me. It is an important movie to me and gives me strength to be me. Interestingly it is a re-make of a 1952 movie of the same name. John Huston wrote the screen play and directed it. I will have to check out the original.

I Look forward to winter where you dont want to go out so a movie is in order. Since our summer has finally arrived (late August?!?) I am out biking instead of sitting on my ass. Hopefully a hike, Deeg?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home